Dining at Cal
The Cal Dining department’s mission is to create a dining program that students sincerely like, enjoy, understand, and support. Staff members provide more than sustenance; they provide a familial atmosphere that becomes an important part of the student’s Cal Living experience. “Breaking bread” together while making friends has become a unique by-product of dining together and creating a living/learning atmosphere where students gather to eat, chat, and hang out.
Cal Dining’s residential meal plans offer the flexibility and freedom that students need to dine however they want, whenever they want. Facilities combine residential and retail services to offer options whether students are on-the-go or gathering with friends around a dining table. Meal plan points can be used at all of Cal Dining’s locations.
- Residence Hall rates include a Standard Meal Plan; you may upgrade your plan
- Students living in campus apartments or off campus may purchase a Nonresident Meal Plan
- Meal plan participants pay less than cash price in all dining commons.
- No daily minimum or maximum point usage.
- Easy online account management, including adding points, checking balances, and verifying transactions.
- Ability to use points for your guests, at your discounted rate.
- “To-go” meals available at all dining commons.
- Add more points at any time: $50 = 55 points.*
- 50% of points are added at the beginning of each semester.
- Up to 100 unused points from the fall semester roll over to spring semester.
- “All-you-care-to-eat” residence dining commons: Crossroads, Café 3, Foothill, and Clark Kerr
- Residential retail locations: Bear Market, Cub Market, CKCub and The Den (featuring Peet's Coffee & Tea)
- Retail locations: The Golden Bear Café, Brown's, Terrace Café, The Pro Shop @ RSF and Common Grounds
- Concession stands at California Memorial Stadium and Haas Pavilion
No matter how you like to eat, our menus feature a great variety of nutritionally balanced options. View here the menus of the dining commons.
Nutrition is more important than ever to college students, and Cal Dining offers online resources for nutrition analysis, nutrition education resources, and more.
Cal Dining promotes healthy, plant-forward meals and is committed to providing an environmentally friendly dining program that supports the Cal community. We have been recognized as leaders for our green business practices, including sourcing sustainable food and a commitment to zero waste by 2020! Check out the sustainability page for details.
With the new campus Student Information System, some student transactions will no longer be processed at the Student Affairs Cashier window on the 2nd floor of 2610 Channing Way.
As of August 2016:
- Cash, check, or money order payments dropped off with SA Cashier for rent or room and board are transferred by SA Cashier to thee campus Billing and Payment Services for processing.
- We will accept only cash, check, or money order payments at the window for add-on points for meal plans and Cal 1 Card debit dollars, until further notice. Credit cards will only be accepted via the Cal Dining or Cal 1 Card websites.
Want to know more about the Cal Dining organization? Visit the “About Us” page for staff directory, awards, and a message from Director Shawn LaPean.