Maximino Martinez Commons
Maximino Martinez Commons, conveniently located two blocks from campus, is a secure, socially dynamic community building combining residence hall rooms and apartments. Priority for Martinez Commons Apartments residence hall spaces is given to sophomores; both sophomores and upper division students have priority for apartments.
- Located two blocks from campus
- All rooms are furnished
- Apartments are single gender
- Study rooms on each residential floor
- One social lounge on each residential floor
- Academic center with tutoring classroom, quiet study room, and computer center
- High-speed internet connections
- Security Monitor Program
- Laundry facilities
- Live-in staff
- Access to unit’s academic center, with PC and MAC computers, laser printers, and hookup to the campus network and the internet
- Billiard table
- Fitness center
- Large main lounge with big-screen TV
- Bike storage for 20 percent of residents
- Solar-heated domestic water
- Low-flow toilets and showerheads
- One-half block from Crossroads Dining Commons
Residence Hall also includes:
- Double- & triple-occupancy rooms available
- Shared kitchenette in common area
- Accessible shower and toilet rooms
Apartments also include:
- Full kitchens
- Five five-bedroom and 47 four-bedroom, single-gender apartments, of which 14 are single story and 38 are two stories
- Three apartments for the hearing impaired
Note: Martinez Apartments are considered on-campus apartments for budgetary purposes with the Financial Aid Office. This apartment building remains open for the winter break, and room rates are inclusive of occupancy during this time period.
2017-18 Projected Rates
The apartment rates for Martinez Commons are $12,333 for single-occupancy apartments, $16,022 for double-occupancy residence hall spaces, and $13,984 for the triple occupancy residence-hall space.
Floor Plans & Layouts
Single Story Apartments & Residence ...(click to see larger image)...
2 Story Apartments
No Smoking Policy
UC Berkeley is committed to providing a healthy, smoke-free environment for students, faculty, and staff. Accordingly, no smoking is permitted in student rooms, or inside buildings, including lounges, balconies and breezeways, and stairways.