Welcome to UC Berkeley!
Welcome to UC Berkeley!
Move-In is Monday, August 14, 2017*
We’re excited that you’ll be living on campus, and we look forward to sharing all the details you will need as you transition into Berkeley life. Residential Hall Move-In is on Monday, August 14. After you apply for housing you will receive your housing assignment via email and you will be asked to select a move-in time slot. If you have not yet done so, log into the housing portal to select your move-in time slot. The deadline for freshmen students to select their move-in time slot is June 15, and the deadline for transfer students to select their move-in time slot is July 15. On Move-In Day, please go directly to your Unit building (Unit 1, 2, 3, Foothill, Stern, or Clark Kerr) during your time slot to check in.
For questions related to Golden Bear Orientation, visit: orientation.berkeley.edu.
Note: A small number of students that participate in pre-approved programs will be able to move in on August 13. To find out if the program you are participating in is eligible for early move in, review this list of approved programs.
See you soon, and Go Bears!
*Continuing students can begin moving into their Fall Assignment on Sunday, August 20. Continuing students do not need to sign up for a time slot.
New Students: Select Your Move-In Time Slot
Please visit the housing portal, log in and click on the Time Slot tab to select your move-in time slot. The deadline for freshmen students to select their move-in time slot is June 15, and the deadline for transfer students to select their move-in time slot is July 15. If you experience delays when accessing the housing portal, it is simply due to a high volume of users attempting to access the portal at the same time. Please contact the Housing Office at 510.642.4108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Review the Checklist of what to bring (and what not to bring).
- Order a microwave and refrigerator for your room.
- Check the My Room section for more information about green living, technology, renters insurance, and more.
On Move-In Day
- If you have questions, call Cal Housing at 510.642.4108.
- To check in, go directly to your Unit building (Unit 1, 2, 3, Foothill, Stern, or CKC).
- Bring your own dolly or hand-truck for a quicker move-in. You may have to wait a while to use one of our moving carts.
- To assist you in your travel plans, check our parking information for Move-In for a campus map, general directions, and residence hall street addresses. There will be an increase in traffic volume and congestion during spring Move-In.