Family Student Housing: Postdoctoral Applicants
An eligible applicant, who can apply for Family Student Housing, must be a postdoctoral fellow who has an appointment with UC Berkeley and is:
- Single and living with child(ren) under the age of 18 or dependent minor(s) for at least 50% of the year.
- Married or partnered and living with child(ren) or dependent minor(s) under the age of 18 for at least 50% of the year.
- Married or partnered without children.
To prove your eligibility, please submit, along with your FSH application and other pertinent documents, an appointment letter from your UC Berkeley department indicating your appointment title, and the start and end dates of your appointment.
Students receive housing priority over PD applicants. PD applicants are accommodated after students are offered housing. Please refer to the priority list below:
- Single (unpartnered) students with children.
- Married or partnered students with children.
- Single (unpartnered) student under the age of 18, dependent and living with parent or guardian.
- Married or partnered students without children.
- Single (unpartnered) students with a dependent over 18.
- Postdoctoral fellows with children.
- Postdoctoral fellows without children.
We recommend looking elsewhere for housing since housing at University Village is not guaranteed. You may find housing on your own or work with: Cal Rentals
Limit PD tenants are allowed to stay in FSH until June 30 following their first 12 months of occupancy, or until their appointed end-date, whichever occurs first. Occupancy in Family Student Housing may not be contiguous with your University appointment.