Cal 1 Card Mandatory
NO MEAL SHALL BE PROVIDED WITHOUT PRESENTATION OF A VALID CAL 1 CARD, ELIGIBLE MEAL VOUCHER, OR CASH. CAL 1 CARDS ARE NONTRANSFERABLE.
To obtain your Cal 1 Card you need:
- Your 8-digit UC Berkeley Student Identification Number (SID)
- One the following forms of identification: a current state ID, Driver's License or passport
Purpose of Cal 1 Card:
- Access to residence halls
- Encoded with your Meal Plan
- Optional debit account available on your Cal 1 Card (visit http://cal1card.berkeley.edu for more information)
Visit the Cal 1 Card Office if your card is damaged or demagnetized.
- Location: 180 Cesar Chavez Center, Lower Sproul Hall, Berkeley CA.
- Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00AM to 4:30PM
- Replacement fee: $25.00
There is no replacement fee for damaged cards. In order to avoid paying the replacement fee you must present and exchange the damaged card at the time of service.