Business hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday-Friday; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday; CLOSED, Sunday
Ida Sproul, Norton, Priestley, Spens-Black, and Beverly Cleary Halls
The renovated Unit 3 complex includes four high-rise halls surrounding a large courtyard and a central commons building that houses the dining center, main office, recreation lounge, and the Academic Services Center.
- Located one block from campus.
- Features a modern and colorful dining center and Bear Market store.
Four of the five buildings are high-rise halls (Ida Sproul, Norton, Priestley, Spens-Black) that feature:
- Eight floors of double- and triple-occupancy rooms, some doubles and triples in suite. (Single rooms are reserved for upper division students and students with accommodations.)
- Approximately 230 students in each hall.
- Rooms with extra-long twin beds, dressers, desks, mirrors, and closets.
- Rooms with high-speed Internet connections.
- Some rooms have a bay view.
- Most floors are all gender with one large all-gender bathroom per floor.
- Single-gender floors are available.
- Floor lounges.
- Main lounge on entry level.
- The Unity House Theme Program is housed in Spens-Black Hall.
Beverly Cleary Hall is a mid-rise building across the street from Unit 3 on Channing Way that features:
- A lounge on entry level.
- The theme program Casa Magdalena Mora is housed in Beverly Cleary Hall.
- All- and single-gender floors
- Single, double, triple rooms; double and triple rooms in suite
- Security Monitor Program
- Laundry facilities
- Live-in staff
- Access to the Unit's Academic Services Center, with PCs and MAC workstations, laser printers, and hookup to the Campus Network and the Internet, as well as academic support and tutoring services
No Smoking Policy
UC Berkeley is committed to providing a healthy, smoke-free environment for students, faculty and staff. Accordingly, no smoking is permitted in student rooms, or inside buildings, including lounges, balconies and breezeways, and stairways. Smoking is only permitted outside in designated areas.