Housing Opportunities for Continuing Students
Housing for Continuing Students
With UC Berkeley’s announcement of its plans to return to primarily in-person instruction in fall 2021, Cal Housing looks forward to welcoming students to our campus residence halls and apartments in the coming year.
As we await additional information about our expected capacity as well as the evolving public health situation, Cal Housing invites current Berkeley students to apply for housing for next year. We’ll keep applicants informed as further information becomes available.
On-campus housing provides services, safety, and success that you won’t find off-campus! Not to mention, convenient Berkeley locations. Apply to live in Cal Housing next year. Applications open on February 1, 2021, and are due by February 25, 2021.
Housing Opportunities for Continuing Students in 2021-2022
There are a variety of residential halls, and some apartments, available for returning students next year, and you can compare housing options:
Residence Halls: Unit 1, Unit 2, Unit 3, Clark Kerr, Foothill, Stern, Martinez Commons, Blackwell, Mills, and Theme Programs. Mini-suites, available in Units 1 and 2, offer more privacy as they consist of two rooms sharing one bathroom.
You can also learn more from the Explore Housing Options webpage.
Tips to Make Your Housing Application a Success:
- Fill out all sections of the application.
- List an answer for all housing options. If you only list 1 housing option, you may not end up getting any offers if that unit is full already.
- Many students want the same type of housing, usually single rooms and apartments. Be open to other housing types to maximize your options and increase your chances of getting a housing offer.
- Consider accepting an offer, even if it’s not your first preference. If you receive a housing offer that is not your top preference, you are encouraged to review the details and make a final choice about signing the contract or declining the offer before the deadline passes.
With an increase in on-campus housing options to choose from, you can find the living situation that works best for you. From having the burden of worrying about utilities and furniture alleviated, to enjoying various financial benefits, living on campus has a lot to offer.
- Extensive COVID-19 Safety Measures: Dedicated on-site staff, expanded cleaning and disinfection, no-cost surveillance testing, dedicated quarantine space (policies to continue if warranted by public health conditions)
- Financial Support: All-inclusive, individual academic year housing contracts, no credit checks, no cosigner needed, the convenience of billing through CalCentral
- Academic Success: Computer labs, study lounges, academic support, residential faculty
- Student Life: Community, trained residential life resources
- Safety & Security: Residential Psychologist, security monitors, card access only facilities, Bear Walk (night safety escort) service
- Comfort & Convenience: Fully furnished, centrally located, custodial services, laundry on-site, Wifi, streaming TV, online Cal Central billing
8 Benefits of Living On Campus
You can’t beat the benefits that come with living on campus!
- Academic success
- Safety & security
- Furnished housing
- All-inclusive options
- Larger financial aid packages
- No upfront large deposit
- Close to your classes