Best of Everything!
Panoramic Residences provides the ideal housing alternative for students who want to immerse themselves in everything that makes San Francisco among the 10 "super cities" (best US cities for artists) according to BusinessWeek magazine.
Imagine living within walking distance to the Civic Center and SF Library, and within a short commute to Chinatown, Union Square, and the Ferry Building - with UC Berkeley campus just a 30 minute BART ride away.
What’s more, everything you need to thrive is located in between: farmers markets, shopping venues, great restaurants and cafés, museums and galleries, and much more!
Here at Panoramic Residences you’ll be closer to where you need to be in more ways than one!
Unbeatable Urban Living
Shopping: Harvest Urban Market, Westfield Center, Whole Foods, Fox Plaza Shopping Center, Market Square, Farmers' Market, Starco Mart, Gourmet Food Trucks (at UN Plaza), and more.
Restaurants & Cafés: Sightglass Coffee, AQ Restaurant, Radius, Tryptech, Raven, Kama Sushi, Market Street Grill, Ma'velous, Starbucks, Café Mine, Rocco's Café, Bossa Nova, Trinity Café, Sidebar Wine Tavern, Cellarmaker Brewing Company, and countless others.
Out & About: Warfield Theatre, Orpheum Theatre, San Francisco Public Library, Moscone Center, San Francisco Federal Reserve Building, Davies Symphony Hall, SFMOMA, Civic Center Plaza, Yerba Buena Gardens, Asian Art Museum, and Contemporary Jewish Museum, to name just a few.
The Panoramic Residences is a 12-story high-rise located at 1321 Mission Street in SoMa. Up to 40 UC Berkeley students will occupy rooms on shared floors with students attending California College of the Arts and the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, offering opportunities for independent urban living environment. (The first floor will be a shared lobby -- see below.)
Students choose from two floor plans (each with a full bathroom and kitchen):
- 2-person studios (274-295 sq. ft.)
- 4-person (3 bedroom) suites (605-630 sq. ft., corner units)
Commitment to the Environment
The Panoramic Residences reflects a commitment to sustainability and environmental consciousness:
- Natural light and ventilation
- Enhanced indoor air quality
- LED lighting
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures
- Energy Star appliances
- flat-screen TV
- 9 ft. ceiling and operable windows
- Stainless steel appliances
- Bay window and window seats
- individually controlled heat and ventilation
- engineered soundproofing
- extra-deep soaking tub
- Elfa shelving and closet systems
- convection microwave oven
- floor-to-ceiling storage
- laundry rooms on every floor
- BART accessible (within two blocks); Muni accessible (within a block)
- Onsite shared car and bike services
Safe storage for 200 bikes (including a bike repair station!)
- The Panoramic will also feature 3,250 sq. ft. of commercial space on the ground floor for shared use
- An expansive lobby and common area with a runway, lounge, fireplace, and work areas (controlled access and 24/7 building security)
- Second-floor common resident terrace
- Shared community space on each floor
- Luxurious private roof deck, with views of the San Francisco / Oakland Bay
2019-2020 Projected Rates*
Rates for Summer Panoramic housing is based on the following chart:
|Time Frame||Double room||Single room|
|- 10 weeks||$66.30/night||$76.50/night|
|10 - 11 weeks||$61.20/night||$71.40/night|
The following items are provided in your unit. Please treat them with respect and care. Any damage above and beyond normal wear and tear will placed as a charge on your Cal Central.
● Convection oven / microwave. You use it as your microwave and also to bake items.
● Dishwasher. Only use dishwasher detergent for this, not hand soap.
● Garbage disposal in sink. Generally, use this sparingly. As an adult, you'll find that while it's nice, it is still an easy way to clog your sink if you shove a bunch of potato skins down it. And that's a room damage charge you don't want to get.
● 2-burner flattop electric range
● Refrigerator and freezer
● Window blinds
● Couches, recliners, or futons not provided
● Candles, lanterns, lamps, or any other item that produce an open flame
● Tobacco, incense, or any other item that burns or smolders when used. This includes e-cigarettes.
● All flammable materials (gas, lighter fluid, charcoal, propane, solvents, etc.)
● All items powered by combustible fuels (such as motorcycles)
● All fireworks, explosives, etc.
● All corrosive (or poisonous) chemicals and hazardous materials
● All lightweight extension cords or multi-plug outlet adapters
● Heavy weight power strips or extension cords without safety circuit breakers
● Flexible (twisty) power strips
● Multiple approved power strips connected together (“chaining”)
● Anything covering ceilings (tapestries, banners, posters, nets, etc.)
● All decorations covering more than 20% of walls
● Tapestries, banners, posters or other combustible materials
● Crepe paper, plastic or Mylar decorations, ribbons, streamers, etc.
● Combustible materials as door decorations covering more than 20% of doors
● Runners, door mats, or other combustible floor coverings in hallways
● All standard and rope type decorative string lighting
● Weapons including firearms, ammunition, knives other than those for kitchens, etc.
● George Foreman grills or similar cooking appliances; smokeless indoor grills
● Hotplates, electric skillets
● Microwaves (we provide one!)
● Submersion coil water heaters
● BBQ grills or open flame devices (charcoal, gas or other fuel)
● Lighting that has an upward facing lamp
● Lighting that has movable octopus arms so that lamp can be faced upward
● Non-UL safety approved electric powered appliances
● All portable heating devices (space heaters of any type)