Summer Internship Housing
Are you looking for summer housing in the Bay Area? UC Berkeley now offers summer housing for any students completing graduate work, research, professional training and internships around San Francisco and Berkeley! More information about our San Francisco property (Panoramic Residences) and Berkeley properties (Garden Village and New Sequoia) can be found below:
The Summer 2019 application will open February 1st, 2019.
1. Go to the online application home page.
2. In the top left corner, click on the "Visit University login page" link.
3. Enter your CalNet ID and passphrase to log in. Note: Non-UCB students, post-doctoral fellows and visiting scholars should first create an account using the self-registration process. Click the following link to self-register: Self-Register. Once there, click the register tab at the top of the portal page to start the application process. (For a tutorial on Self-Registering, please see the video below.)
4. Select Summer Transition 2019 as the housing term for which you are applying.
5. Follow each step of the online application, selecting "Save & Continue" at the bottom of each page.
6. Once you have completed Phase 1, you will not be able to proceed past Step 7. Your application has now been submitted. You will receive an email regarding the status of your temporary housing application within seven business days of submission.
Earliest available check-ins:
San Francisco Properties: May 20th
Berkeley Properties: May 26th
San Francisco Properties: August 22nd
Berkeley Properties: August 22nd
Panoramic Residences offer students affordable and accessible shared housing located in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood! Panoramic Residences provides ideal housing for students who want to immerse themselves in everything that makes San Francisco great--perfect for interning!
For more information about this fantastic location, please go here: Panoramic Residences.
Garden Village is a student-oriented apartment project in Berkeley's Southside District. It is an innovated and contemporary interpretation of community living that seeks to embody Berkeley's vision of housing access and sustainable development.
For more information on Garden Village Apartments, please go here: Garden Village.
New Sequoia Apartments offer an independent living environment. This new property is located on a lively street with many restaurants and shops just around the corner! New Sequoia is the perfect location for anyone wanting to be in the heart of Berkeley--minutes away from UC Berkeley campus.
Information will be provided February 1st, 2019
Information will be provided February 1st, 2019
Temporary housing amenities include:
- Free WiFi
- In-building coin-operated laundry
- Smoke-free and pet-free rooms
- Shared refrigerator, oven, stove, microwave (no cookware or dishes)
Apartments and suites are shared between 2-4 individuals.
Depending on demand, apartments and suites may be single or mixed gender. We will try to keep apartments and suites the same gender as well as accommodate preferences, but you may be placed in a mixed-gender environment. Rooms will be the same gender.
After a contract is accepted, fees are nonrefundable. Individuals may appeal for their cancellation request should documentation be provided that demonstrates extreme hardship. The Appeals Board is the final decision-maker on such requests.
Garden Village: Check-in is from 9 a.m to 4 p.m. on the start date of your contract at the Garden Village front desk. Please contact us to make check-in arrangements outside of this time, if needed.
New Sequoia: Check-in is from 8 a.m to 5 p.m. on the start date of your contract at the Unit 3 Front Desk at 2400 Durant Ave; the office is located on the lower level, below the central plaza. Unit 3 is located one and a half blocks from new Sequoia Apartments. Please contact us to make check-in arrangements outside of this time, if needed.
San Francisco Panoramic Residences: There is 24 hour check in available for Panoramic Residences
Your bed space will be available only on the start date of your temporary housing contract. You may make arrangements to check in at a later date, but you will be billed for the full duration of your housing contract.
If you are checking out before the end date of your contract, you must return your key and door access where you checked in.
You will be billed for the full duration of your contract even if you check out at an earlier date. Failure to turn in the key and door access will result in your account being charged.
Yes, but only if space is available. Longer-term options may be available as part of a summer housing contract.
Due to the beginning of the school year, all internship housing occupants must move out no later than noon on August 22, 2018. No extended stays past this time/date will be allowed.
Once you check in to your summer housing, yes you can ship packages to your housing. Please note that any packages arriving before your start date of contract may be subjected to be returned to sender.
Shipping instructions will be provided at check-in.
No. The building does not have any storage facilities and as all apartments are furnished, space in each is tight. You should consider a local storage company for any large belongings you need to bring with you.