Winter Break Closure
During winter break, most campus residence halls close and residents must leave the buildings. More specific details regarding winter break closure can be found here.
Here’s a summary of what you need to know.
Winter Break Closure Starts December 17, 10 a.m.
You must be out of the building by Saturday, December 17, 2016, at 10:00 a.m., or a charge of $100 per hour will be assessed along with potential conduct sanctions. Unfortunately, no exceptions can be made for you to remain beyond that date and you will not be able to enter the residence halls over the break for any reason. The halls re-open on Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
Residence Halls That Are Closed During Winter Break
These residence halls will be closed during winter break as of December 17 at 10 a.m.:
Unit 4 (Foothill, Stern)
Unit 5 (Clark Kerr)
Martinez Commons (residence hall)
Buildings That Will Remain Open
The following buildings will remain open:
Garden Village Apartments
Max Martinez Apartments
New Sequoia Apartments
Before Winter Closure, You Need To Do the Following
Here is a summary of what you need to do before you leave for winter break.
- Turn off all heaters, lamps, etc., and unplug everything.
- Make sure your room is clean, vacuumed, and all perishable food is properly thrown away.
- Return all utensils, borrowed furniture, etc., to its rightful place.
- Close windows, curtains, and lock your door.
- Take any medicine, important documents, valuables, with you, and secure your bicycle.
- Pick up your mail.
- If you are expecting a new roommate, prepare by placing all of your items on your side of the room.
Every room will be inspected by Hall Staff after closing to ensure compliance with check-out procedures. A full list of the check-out procedures can be found here.
Halls Re-Open January 12
Have a safe winter break and we look forward to seeing you on Thursday, January 12, when the halls will re-open at 9 a.m.
If you have additional questions, please contact your Unit Office.