Every summer UC Berkeley welcomes dozens of student interns and visiting scholars who come to the Bay Area for professional training, work experience, and research opportunities. We proudly house these individuals in our Cal Housing properties. More information regarding the different properties can be found below.
Summer Internship Housing 2022
The general Summer 2022 application will open on February 1st, 2022.
COVID-19 Policies: If you live in campus housing during the summer, you will be required to adhere to public health policies designed to reduce transmission of COVID-19. All UC Berkeley students who have on-campus housing will be provided with a free COVID-19 at-home rapid test kit during check-in. For testing instructions, please go to Summer 2022 COVID Testing Requirement.
- Application Instructions
1. Go to the online application home page.
2. In the top left corner, click on the "Visit University login page" link.
3. Enter your CalNet ID and passphrase to log in. Note: Non-UCB students, post-doctoral fellows, and visiting scholars should first create an account using the self-registration process. Click the following link to self-register: Self-Register. Once there, click the register tab at the top of the portal page to start the application process.
4. Select Summer Transition 2022 as the housing term for which you are applying.
5. Follow each step of the online application, selecting "Save & Continue" at the bottom of each page.
6. Once you have completed Phase 1, you will not be able to proceed past Step 7. Your application has now been submitted. You will receive an email regarding the status of your temporary housing application within seven business days of submission.
Individuals can move-in anytime after May 22nd, 2022, but must move out no later than August 17th, 2022.
- Panoramic Berkeley Apartments
Located on the Southside on Telegraph Avenue, Panoramic Berkeley is a new structure only 5 blocks from the UC Berkeley Campus–just a 6-minute walk! Panoramic Berkeley offers an independent living environment in single occupancy bedrooms.
For more information on Panoramic Berkeley Apartments, please go here: Panoramic Berkeley.
- Enclave Apartments
Enclave Apartments — an exciting new independent-living option for continuing students and graduate students. Located at the corner of Telegraph and Haste Avenues, the Enclave building is situated amidst vibrant restaurants, cafes, shops, and bookstores. Only three blocks from campus, the building includes unique features including a Moorish Castle design with an upper and lower terrace.
For more information on the Enclave Apartments, please go here: Enclave Apartments.
- What are the summer rates/contract dates?
ROOM TYPE 2 Week Options 3 Week Options 1 Month+ Options Double Occupancy APT $790/person $1,140/person $1,460/person per month Single Occupancy APT $975/person $1,480/person $1,950/person per month
The earliest an individual can move-in is May 22, 2022. Students must move out, no later than August 17th, 2022.
- What amenities are included internship housing?
Internship housing amenities include:
- Free WiFi
- App and credit card based laundry
- Smoke-free and pet-free rooms
- Shared refrigerator, oven, stove, microwave (no cookware or dishes)
- How many people share a bathroom, kitchen, and dining room?
Apartments are shared between 2-5 individuals.
- Are the rooms single or mixed gender?
Depending on demand, apartments and suites may be single or mixed gender. We will try to keep apartments and suites the same gender as well as accommodate preferences, but you may be placed in a mixed-gender environment. Rooms will be the same gender.
- What is the cancellation policy?
After a contract is accepted, fees are nonrefundable. Individuals may appeal for their cancellation request should documentation be provided that demonstrates extreme hardship. The Appeals Board is the final decision-maker on such requests.
- What time is check-in?
Check-In times will become available February 1st, 2022.
- Can I arrive earlier or later than the start date?
Your bed space will be available only on the start date of your temporary housing contract. You may make arrangements to check in at a later date, but you will be billed for the full duration of your housing contract.
- What if I leave earlier?
If you are checking out before the end date of your contract, you must return your key and door access where you checked in.
You will be billed for the full duration of your contract even if you check out at an earlier date. Failure to turn in the key and door access will result in your account being charged.
- Can I extend my housing contract past the end date?
Yes, but only if space is available. Due to the beginning of the school year, all internship housing occupants must move out no later than 10 AM on August 17, 2022. No extended stay past this time/date will be allowed. Please refer to your contract dates listed on the housing portal.
- Can I ship packages to my housing?
Once you check in to your summer housing, yes you can ship packages to your housing. Please note that any packages arriving before your start date of contract may be subjected to be returned to sender.
Shipping instructions will be provided at check-in from your facility.
- Is there storage available?
No. The building does not have any storage facilities and as all apartments are furnished, space in each is tight. You should consider a local storage company for any large belongings you need to bring with you.