Foothill: About the Community
Business hours: Monday-Friday; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday; CLOSED.
Foothill is a beautiful housing complex located at the top of Hearst Avenue hill on the northeast side of campus. The buildings are Hillside and La Loma Complexes and their features:
- Wood-shingled buildings surrounded by tall trees overlooking courtyards and the bay
- Single, double, and triple rooms arranged in suites that vary from three to eleven bedrooms
- Suites with five bedrooms or less are designated single-gender while larger suites are all gender (Single rooms are reserved for upper-division students and students with accommodations.)
- Carpeted rooms with extra-long twin beds, dressers, desks, mirrors, and closets
- Suites with separate locked entrances and shared common area
- Seven all-gender residential buildings
- In Hillside complex: Empowering Womxn in STEAM (WISE)
Note: Room size, layout, and furniture configuration may vary.
- All-gender floors & single-gender suites
- Room occupancy: single, double, triple, quadruple rooms in suites (Single rooms are reserved for upper-division students and students with accommodations.)
- Academic Services Center with PC and MAC workstations, laser printers, connections to the campus network and the internet, as well as academic support and tutoring services
- Shared dining Center with high ceilings and redwood finishes
- Commons building containing the dining center, assembly rooms, TV lounge, and mail services
- Laundry facilities
- Security Monitor Program
- Live-in staff
UC Berkeley is committed to providing a healthy, smoke-free environment for students, faculty, and staff. Accordingly, no smoking is permitted in student rooms, or inside buildings, including lounges, balconies and breezeways, and stairways. Smoking is only permitted outside in designated areas.