Welcome to UC Berkeley!
Welcome to UC Berkeley!
We’re excited that you’ll be living on campus, and we look forward to sharing all the details you will need as you transition into Berkeley life. Please refer to the housing portal for your room assignment and residence hall contract information. See you soon, and Go Bears!
Please contact the Housing Office at 510.642.4108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
For details about Golden Bear Orientation, visit orientation.berkeley.edu.
After you receive your housing assignment via email, you will need to select a move-in time slot. If you have not yet done so, visit the housing portal to select your move-in time slot. The deadline for freshmen students to select their move-in time slot is June 15, and the deadline for transfer students to select their move-in time slot is July 15. If you experience delays when accessing the housing portal, it is simply due to a high volume of users attempting to access the portal at the same time.
*Continuing students can begin moving into their rooms assignment on Sunday, August 20. Continuing students do not need to sign up for a time slot.
Note: A small number of students that participate in pre-approved programs will be able to move in on August 13. To find out if the program you are participating in is eligible for early move in, review this list of approved programs.
January Start Move-In (for new incoming residents only) is Thursday, January 11, 2018, starting at 9 a.m.
Please note that due to liability we cannot allow students to move-in prior to January 11, 2018, at 9 a.m.
On Move-In Day
On Move-In day, please go directly to your Unit building (Unit 1, 2, 3, Foothill, Stern, or Clark Kerr) during to check in. For January Start students, please note that our office hours for January 11 Move-In are 9 a.m.- 8 p.m. Please plan to arrive during this time in order for your check in to be as efficient as possible. Anyone arriving after our offices close will need to contact the Residential Education staff that is on duty, and will have to wait for them to come check you in. On-duty staff contact information will be posted near the unit office area.
- Review the Checklist of what to bring (and what not to bring).
- Order a microwave and refrigerator for your room (it’s best to coordinate with your roommates to see if they already have one as space is limited in most residence hall rooms).
- Check the My Room section for more information about green living, technology, renters insurance, and more.
On Move-In Day (For August Move-In Day, the hotline can answer your questions at 510.642.2456.)
- To check in, go directly to your Unit building (Unit 1, 2, 3, Foothill, Stern, or CKC).
- Bring your own dolly or hand-truck for a quicker move-in. You may have to wait a while to use one of our moving carts.
- To assist you in your travel plans, check our parking information for Move-In webpage for a campus map, general directions, and residence hall street addresses. Be prepared for an increase in traffic volume and congestion during Move-In.