Moving Into Campus Housing
Welcome! We’re excited that you’ll be living on campus, and we look forward to sharing all the details you will need as you transition into Berkeley life. Please refer to the housing portal for your room assignment and residence hall contract information.
Fall 2021 Move-In
- First year students: Move-in for first-year students in Fall 2021 will take place over several days, with the earliest date being Monday, August 16, 2021. A multiple-day timeline allows us to reduce population density and diminish foot traffic for buildings during each time slot. (Dates are subject to change based on current conditions.) Each first-year resident will receive a specific date for their move-in to their assigned building, and then will be asked to select a specific one-hour time slot on that day. Please note that you must move in on your appointed day (neither earlier nor later), and you will only be able to choose a time slot on that day. Because each building will have a specific move-in date, we are not able to accept requests to change move-in dates. Newly-admitted freshmen will receive their specific move-in date in mid-June, while newly-admitted transfer students will receive their move-in date in mid-July.
- Continuing students may move in beginning on Sunday, August 22.
This page will be updated as new information becomes available.
Vaccination and Arrival Guidelines
All students living in campus housing, whether fully vaccinated or not, will need to do a move-in UHS COVID test prior to getting keys. This will be organized as part of your check-in process.
If you have already been vaccinated:
- Upload your vaccine records in eTang.
- No regular surveillance testing required.
If you have not yet been vaccinated:
Self-sequester for 7 days (regardless of test results) upon move-in.
Get weekly COVID testing until fully vaccinated.
After the self-sequestration period, get vaccinated, unless you have a contraindication.
(If you take your campus COVID test anytime this summer, it will be valid for 180 days from the date you were fully vaccinated. (If you already have a green badge and your vaccine records are uploaded, it will already be indicated and your next testing date would be 180 days from your fully vaccinated date.)
To learn more, review University Health Services' arrival guidelines for students.
Before Your Move-In Day
- Review the Checklist of what to bring (and what not to bring).
- Check the My Room section for more information about green living, technology, renters insurance, and more.
- See Offers to take advantage of deals and discounts exclusive to Berkeley students.
Room numbers will be available when you arrive on campus. If you need to show proof of your housing contract to a campus office, please refer to your contract confirmation page in the housing portal.