Last updated: September 22, 2021
Welcome to Berkeley! We are excited that you will be living on-campus and we can’t wait to welcome you to the UC Berkeley family! We look forward to sharing all the important things you will need to know as you transition into your next chapter here at Berkeley. Please review the information below about Spring 2022 Move-In. You can refer to the housing portal for information regarding your housing offer and contract information.
Spring 2022 Move-In
- Spring 2022 Move-In will take place on January 13, 2022.
- New students (students moving in to campus housing for the first time ) will move in on January 13 and will be invited in advance to select a one-hour Move-In time slot. After selecting a Move-In time slot, they will be asked to make an appointment for a UC Berkeley Universiity Health Services (UHS) Move-In COVID-19 test prior to their Move-In time slot.
- Continuing students may move in beginning on January 13, 2022. You will receive an email with further details, including on how and when to schedule COVID-19 testing.
- Check your email regularly for Move-In updates.
- Face coverings are required for you and your helpers, regardless of vaccination status.
- Do Not Come to Move-In with COVID-19 Symptoms. If you or your helpers have symptoms that may be COVID-19, please do not come to Move-In. We would encourage you to take a PCR lab test, and remain at home until you have received a negative test result and your symptoms have abated. Please contact Cal Housing (send an email to email@example.com) to let us know that you will miss Move-In and we can help set up an alternate Move-In date. Also, please contact UHS at (510) 642-2000 if you test positive or have any questions.
- You may have up to two helpers with you for your Move-In. Your two helpers will be allowed access to your residence during your time slot. We will ask helpers to depart the building once you have completed your move. Helpers are not required to be vaccinated or to get tested for COVID-19, however it is strongly recommended that they do so through an external provider (UHS does not offer these services to helpers/families.)
- Please do not share the elevator with parties other than your own.
- Helpers are asked not to wait in lines for Check-In or for COVID-19 testing
- Sequestering for Unvaccinated Students: If you have not yet been fully vaccinated by the time you move in, you will be required to self-sequester in your room or apartment for seven days, regardless of your Move-In COVID-19 test results. This means you may leave your room only to pick up meals, engage in solo outdoor exercise, or receive urgent medical care. Stay masked whenever you leave your room. You may not attend in-person events (including Golden Bear Orientation) if you have not sequestered for 7 days first.
- One family/party at a time in elevators during Move-In. When using stairs, yield to the party traveling downstairs.
- You may want to bring your own dolly or hand-truck for a quicker move in, since you might have to wait a while to use one of our moving carts.
The University of California released a final COVID-19 vaccine policy on July 15, which went into effect on August 4. Here are some important action items related to the vaccine mandate:
Visit the University Health Services (UHS) vaccination requirement page for details on the mandate, including how to request an exemption, which vaccines are acceptable, and more.
Get your COVID-19 vaccine prior to Move-in if possible. If you aren’t able to get vaccinated ahead of time, you will be able to do so through UHS. However, unvaccinated students living in campus housing will need to self-sequester for seven days upon arrival (leaving their room only to pick up meals, use the restroom, engage in solo outdoor activities, or urgent medical appointments.) Visit the UHS vaccination page for more information.
Upload your vaccine records. If you received the vaccine at an off-campus vaccination site, you will need to upload a record of your vaccination to the secure eTang portal.
If you haven’t done so already, please activate exposure notifications on your phone using CA Notify. It’s available for both iOS and Android and is built with the highest degrees of privacy in mind. As more people come back to campus, CA Notify will serve as an important tool to augment manual contact tracing efforts
Before Your Move-In Day
- Review the Checklist of what to bring (and what not to bring).
- Check the My Room section for more information about green living, technology, renters insurance, and more.
- See Offers to take advantage of deals and discounts exclusive to Berkeley students.
Room numbers will be available when you arrive on campus. If you need to show proof of your housing contract to a campus office, please refer to your contract confirmation page in the housing portal.