New Sequoia Apartments
Furnished units include:
- Double occupancy in a 1 Bedroom/1 Bath
- Single occupancy in a 2 Bedroom/1 Bath
- Double occupancy in a 2 Bedroom/1 Bath
New Sequoia is a new structure with 42 apartments on five stories. These apartments are designed in a U-shaped building around a courtyard. They offer an independent living environment, and at the same time are just a few blocks from campus. The majority of the units are double-occupancy bedrooms in two-bedroom, one-bathroom apartments or double-occupancy bedrooms in one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartments. There are 33 single-occupancy spaces in two-bedroom, one-bath apartments. These spaces will be assigned to students according to eligibility and lottery number. All apartments are single gender.
New Sequoia Apartments*
- Student Capacity: 116
- 2 Staff, 42 Units
- Each Apartment is Single Gender; All-Gender Facility
- Single bedrooms have full XL beds or twin XL beds depending on unit
- Shared bathroom
- Shared kitchen and living/dining area
- Outside courtyard
- In-building coin-operated laundry
- Covered bicycle parking (limited)
*New Sequoia is a mixed use building that also houses Mezzo and Raleigh's Pub.
Fully Furnished Apartments
Bedroom • extra long bed, desk, desk chair, desk lamp, dresser, closet kitchen • full refrigerator, microwave, stove, four burners, kitchen table, and chairs
Living Room • couch, coffee table, end table, side chair, and TV stand
Shared bathroom with bathtub/shower
Utilities are included. No cable service.
Please note that living/dining and kitchen areas are considered University common space and may be subject to routine health and safety inspections. No cleaning services offered.
2019-2020 Projected Rates
- Double occupancy in 1 Bed/1 Bath (Shared APT of 2 persons) = $15,750/year per person ($1,575.00 per month)*
- Single occupancy in 2 Bed/1 Bath (Shared APT of 2 persons) = $16,875/year per person ($1,687.50 per month)*
- Single occupancy in 2 Bed/1 Bath (Shared APT of 3 persons)= $15,190/year per person ($1,519.00 per month)*
- Double occupancy in 2 Bed/1 Bath (Shared APT of 3 persons)= $12,940/year per person ($1,294.00 per month)*
- Double occupancy in 2 Bed/1 Bath (Shared APT of 4 persons) = $11,815/year per person ($1,181.50 per month)*
*Full Academic Year contract cost is divided into 10 equal installments of the monthly rent shown.
Apartment contracts do not include a meal plan. Residents may purchase an Optional (Student) Meal Plan or use their Cal 1 Card to enjoy Cal Dining's services at any of the 4 dining commons and several on-campus restaurants and convenience stores.
Note: New Sequoia Apartments are considered on-campus apartments for budgetary purposes with the Financial Aid Office. This building remains open for the winter break and room rates are inclusive of occupancy during this time period.
All gas, electric, water, trash, and internet is covered in the cost of the New Sequoia apartments.
Double rooms have XL twin beds. Single bedrooms have full XL beds or twin XL beds depending on unit
You will need to contact Comcast directly to setup cable TV for your apartment.