Rates, Dates, and FAQs for Transition Housing
You are eligible for summer housing if you are a: newly admitted or continuing undergraduate student, graduate student, post-doctoral fellow, or visiting scholar.
1. Go to the online application home page.
2. In the top left corner, click on the "Visit University login page" link.
3. Enter your CalNet ID and passphrase to log in. Note: Non-UCB students, post-doctoral fellows and visiting scholars should first create an account using the self-registration process. Click the following link to self-register: Self-Register. Once there, click the register tab at the top of the portal page to start the application process. (For a tutorial on Self-Registering, please see the video below.)
4. Select Summer Transition 2018 as the housing term for which you are applying.
5. Follow each step of the online application, selecting "Save & Continue" at the bottom of each page.
6. Once you have completed Phase 1, you will not be able to proceed past Step 7. Your application has now been submitted. You will receive an email regarding the status of your temporary housing application within seven business days of submission.
|2 Week Options (14 nights)||Double Occupancy Room||Single Occupancy Room|
Last Check in Wednesday, July 25
|$721 per person||$1,009 per person|
|3 Week Options (21 nights)||Double Occupancy Room||Single Occupancy Room|
|Last Check in Wednesday, July 25||$1,082 per person||
$1,514 per person
|1 Month Options (30 nights)||Double Occupancy Room||Single Occupancy Room|
|Last Check in Thursday, July 12||$1,391 per person||
$1,854 per person
**ALL checkouts must be by noon on the specified contract end date.
***UC Berkeley undergraduates receive a discounted rate. Please inquire by emailing email@example.com
Temporary housing amenities include:
- Free WiFi
- In-building coin-operated laundry
- One set of bed and bath linens (one pillowcase, two sheets, one blanket, one pillow, two towels, one face cloth). Beds are not made but linen is placed in the room.
- Smoke-free and pet-free rooms
- In-apartment refrigerator, oven, stove, microwave (no cookware or dishes)
- Fully furnished apartments (bedroom, living, and dining areas)
Double occupancy rooms (two twin-sized beds) may be in a one- or two-bedroom apartment and will share a bathroom, kitchen, and common area with additional two or three renters.
Single occupancy rooms (one full-sized bed) are in a two-bedroom apartment and will share a bathroom, kitchen, and common area with up to two additional renters from the other room.
Depending on demand, apartments may be single or mixed gender. We will try to keep apartments the same gender as well as accommodate preferences, but you may be placed in a mixed-gender apartment. Rooms will be the same gender.
A nonrefundable deposit ($225 for a single occupancy room and $150 for a double occupancy room) will be charged to your campus student billing account once you sign a temporary housing contract. The balance of the amount due will be charged after you check in or as noted below.
Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the first date of the contract will be charged the non-refundable fee of $225 for a single occupancy room and $150 for a double occupancy room.
Cancellations made less than forty-eight hours prior to the first date of the contract and no-shows will be charged the full amount of the temporary housing contract.
Check-in is from 8 a.m to 5 p.m. on the start date of your contract at the Unit 3 Front Desk at 2400 Durant Ave; the office is located on the lower level, below the central plaza. Unit 3 is located one and a half blocks from new Sequoia Apartments. Please contact us to make check-in arrangements outside of this time, if needed.
Your bed space will be available only on the start date of your temporary housing contract. You may make arrangements to check in at a later date, but you will be billed for the full duration of your housing contract.
If you are checking out before the end date of your contract, you must return your key and door access to the Unit 3 Front Desk at 2400 Durant Ave between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., Monday through Sunday. The office is located on the lower level, below the central plaza.
You will be billed for the full duration of your contract even if you check out at an earlier date. Failure to turn in the key and door access will result in your account being charged.
Yes, but only if space is available. Longer-term options may be available as part of a summer housing contract.
Due to the beginning of the school year, all temporary housing occupants must move out no later than noon on August 13, 2018. No extended stays past this time/date will be allowed.
Packages ordered from Amazon.com can be shipped to an on-campus Amazon locker facility three blocks away. Amazon Locker provides you with a secure self-service delivery location to pick up and return your Amazon.com packages. Amazon Prime members can order any of two million items before noon and pick up the package the same day.
No. The building does not have any storage facilities and as all apartments are furnished, space in each is tight. You should consider a local storage company for any large belongings you need to bring with you.