Summer Transition Housing
We welcome all individuals in need of short-term housing over the summer to apply for Summer Transition housing. Contracts can be as short as 2 weeks or as long as 3 months. You do not have to be a UC Berkeley student to be eligible.
The Summer 2019 application opens February 1st, 2019.
1. Go to the online application home page.
2. In the top left corner, click on the "Visit University login page" link.
3. Enter your CalNet ID and passphrase to log in. Note: Non-UCB students, post-doctoral fellows and visiting scholars should first create an account using the self-registration process. Click the following link to self-register: Self-Register. Once there, click the register tab at the top of the portal page to start the application process.
4. Select Summer Transition 2019 as the housing term for which you are applying.
5. Follow each step of the online application, selecting "Save & Continue" at the bottom of each page.
6. Once you have completed Phase 1, you will not be able to proceed past Step 7. Your application has now been submitted. You will receive an email regarding the status of your temporary housing application within seven business days of submission.
Earliest available check-ins:
May 26th, 2019
August 22nd, 2019
New Sequoia Apartments offer an independent living environment. This new property is located on a lively street with many restaurants and shops just around the corner! New Sequoia is the perfect location for anyone wanting to be in the heart of Berkeley--minutes away from UC Berkeley campus.
Garden Village is a student-oriented apartment project in Berkeley's Southside District. It is an innovated and contemporary interpretation of community living that seeks to embody Berkeley's vision of housing access and sustainable development.
For more information on Garden Village Apartments, please go here: Garden Village.
Temporary housing amenities include:
- Free WiFi
- In-building coin-operated laundry
- Smoke-free and pet-free rooms
- In-apartment refrigerator, oven, stove, microwave (no cookware or dishes)
- Fully furnished apartments (bedroom, living, and dining areas)
Double occupancy rooms (two twin-sized beds) may be in a one- or two-bedroom apartment and will share a bathroom, kitchen, and common area with additional two or three renters.
Single occupancy rooms (one full-sized bed) are in a two-bedroom apartment and will share a bathroom, kitchen, and common area with up to two additional renters from the other room.
|ROOM TYPE||2 Week Options||3 Week Options||1 Month+ Options|
|Double Occupancy APT||$735/person||$1,104/person||$1,419/person|
|Single Occupancy APT||$1,029/person||$1,544/person||$1,891/person|
ALL checkouts must be by noon on the specified contract end date.
UC Berkeley undergraduates receive a discounted rate. Please inquire by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on demand, apartments may be single or mixed gender. We will try to keep apartments the same gender as well as accommodate preferences, but you may be placed in a mixed-gender apartment. Rooms will be the same gender.
After a contract is accepted, fees are nonrefundable. Individuals may appeal for their cancellation request should documentation be provided that demonstrates extreme hardship. The Appeals Board is the final decision-maker on such requests.
Check-in is from 8 a.m to 5 p.m. on the start date of your contract at the Unit 3 Front Desk at 2400 Durant Ave; the office is located on the lower level, below the central plaza. Unit 3 is located one and a half blocks from new Sequoia Apartments. Please contact us to make check-in arrangements outside of this time, if needed.
Your bed space will be available only on the start date of your temporary housing contract. You may make arrangements to check in at a later date, but you will be billed for the full duration of your housing contract.
If you are checking out before the end date of your contract, you must return your key and door access to the Unit 3 Front Desk at 2400 Durant Ave between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., Monday through Sunday. The office is located on the lower level, below the central plaza.
You will be billed for the full duration of your contract even if you check out at an earlier date. Failure to turn in the key and door access will result in your account being charged.
Yes, but only if space is available. Longer-term options may be available as part of a summer housing contract.
Due to the beginning of the school year, all temporary housing occupants must move out no later than noon on August 13, 2018. No extended stays past this time/date will be allowed.
Once you check in to your summer housing, yes you can ship packages to your housing. Please note that any packages arriving before your start date of contract may be subjected to be returned to sender.
Shipping instructions will be provided at check-in.
Packages ordered from Amazon.com can be shipped to an on-campus Amazon locker facility three blocks away. Amazon Locker provides you with a secure self-service delivery location to pick up and return your Amazon.com packages. Amazon Prime members can order any of two million items before noon and pick up the package the same day.
No. The building does not have any storage facilities and as all apartments are furnished, space in each is tight. You should consider a local storage company for any large belongings you need to bring with you.