1050 Ohlone Ave Albany, CA 94706
UC Berkeley is proud to announce the Fall 2024 opening of the Albany Village Graduate Student Apartments — a vibrant new apartment community designed specifically for graduate students. Albany Village is a five-building apartment complex offering a wealth of community resources such as an on-site fitness center, meeting rooms, lawns, courtyards and greenway spaces. Direct AC Transit buses to campus are available from the complex, which is located 3.5 miles northwest of campus.
Fully-furnished apartments feature large windows that allow abundant natural light into bedrooms and living spaces. All bedrooms are single-occupancy, and each apartment includes a full kitchen with major appliances, as well as an in-unit washer and dryer.
Beyond their apartments, students can discover spaces for social interaction and well-being, including lounges and meeting rooms. A series of outdoor courtyards provide more than 55,000 square feet of space for relaxing, studying and socializing. Students can lounge and explore gardens with native plants and lush trees, host barbecue gatherings, and take advantage of recreational spaces on new multi-use lawns and terraces.
Applications for the 2024–25 academic year are being accepted on a rolling basis. For updates on the project’s construction, please visit the Capital Strategies Albany Village page.
- Fully furnished studios and apartments with single bedrooms
- 286 apartments including 761 beds
- 35 studio apartments (342 sq. ft.)
- 30 one-bedroom one-bath apartments (569 sq. ft.)
- 94 two-bedroom one-bath apartments (678-710 sq. ft.)
- 127 four-bedroom two-bath apartments (1,079 sq. ft.)
- Extensive community spaces and resources, including fitness center, spacious lounges and meeting rooms, outdoor courtyards and greenways
- Annual contract (August 1, 2024 to July 31, 2025)
Who’s Eligible to Apply
Single graduate students. Priority is given to graduate students enrolled in the Rausser College of Natural Resources. Please note this location cannot accommodate families; for family housing, please consider University Village, located adjacent to Albany Village.
The Albany Village Graduate Apartments are located in the neighboring city of Albany, just 3.5 miles west of campus. It is adjacent to University Village, UC Berkeley’s 58-acre family student housing complex, and is conveniently located near restaurants and shopping, including a Sprouts supermarket right next door to the complex.
The apartments are served by a direct AC Transit bus to campus as well as a bus connection to BART.
Fully Furnished Apartments
Each apartment includes:*
- Furnished living room including couch, armchair, tables (coffee table, end table, dining table and chairs)
- Furnished single bedrooms including bed frame, mattress, dresser, nightstand, desk and chair
- Full kitchens with major appliances including refrigerator, range, dishwasher, microwave
- In-unit washer and dryer
Residents of the building have access to the following amenities*:
- Lounges and meeting rooms for study and social activities
- Fitness center
- Ample outdoor spaces including a greenway, courtyards, lawns and more
- High speed WiFi throughout complex
- Utilities included: Heat, internet, water, garbage, and recycling
- Professional live-in staff available 24/7
- Secure indoor bicycle storage
- Package lockers for secure delivery of packages
- Limited parking spaces available for an additional fee
*Website Disclosure statement: Please note that the information on building and apartment amenities provided is approximate and may be subject to change or update.
While apartment rates do not include meal plans, there are options! Residents may purchase one of our university apartment and off-campus meal plans or use their Cal 1 Card to enjoy Berkeley Dining’s services at any of the dining commons and several on-campus restaurants and convenience stores.
Cleaning is your responsibility
It is up to you to keep your room clean, and work with your apartment-mates to keep the shared apartment spaces clean as well. Taking good care of your living space on a regular basis helps prevent pests, allergens, and damage that can result from accumulated dirt.
No Smoking Policy
UC Berkeley is committed to providing a healthy, smoke-free environment for students, faculty, and staff. Accordingly, no smoking is permitted in student rooms, or inside buildings, including lounges, balconies and breezeways, and stairways. Smoking is only permitted outside in designated areas.
For more information, please visit Single Student Graduate Apartment FAQs