Skip to main content

ADA Accommodations

Students with disabilities are welcome and encouraged to live in university housing. UC Berkeley and Cal Housing value the contributions all students make in our communities, and we seek to provide accessible housing to meet the needs of everyone. Students are encouraged to review the information below to learn more about the accommodation process.

ADA Accommodations Request Form

For more information, you may get in touch with the Accommodations Coordinator and the Housing Disability Specialist:

Phone: 510-642-8772

Note: The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) supports student privacy by allowing university officials to release student records only to the student. University officials are prohibited from discussing students records with a student’s family members. As a result, the Accommodations Coordinator will only be able to discuss medical documents and detailed housing accommodation assignments with students, and not parents or guardians. We are happy at any time, however, to talk about our typical accommodation processes with family members.


How To Receive an ADA Accommodation
Typical Accommodations Offered
Additional UC Resources for Students with Disabilities
Transfers or Room Changes Related to ADA Requests