Studio apartments, Juris Doctor Level 1 Law students (priority), and graduate students only
Located three blocks from the southwestern corner of campus at Shattuck Avenue and Channing Way, Manville Apartments are within walking distance of downtown Berkeley, near shops, banks, movie theaters, restaurants, and public transportation. A twelve-month lease is required.
Reserved for law and graduate students, the secured complex includes:
- 132 small single-occupancy studio apartments (furnished and unfurnished)
- Each studio includes a kitchenette, bathroom, built-in bookcase, and desk
- Internet lines and cable TV access
- Central courtyard
- Several floor plans with 260- to 305-square feet of living space
- Some apartments have bay views; some open onto a central courtyard or have deck access
- Secured entry and elevator
- The complex has common areas; a lounge, laundry facilities, mail room, and three study rooms
- Storage spaces and limited parking spaces are available for additional fees
- Rent for Manville does not include electricity. Students are responsible for setting up their own electricity accounts with PG&E.
Questions about Single Student Apartments? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Furniture included in furnished apartments
Furnished apartments include:
- Small drop leaf table (1)
- Stools (2)
- Extra long twin bed (1)
- Drawer units that fit under the bed which each have two drawers (2)
- Wardrobe with two built in drawers, a mirror and a large storage compartment above the wardrobe (1)
- Rolling desk drawer (1)
- Desk chair (1)
Built-in items include:
- Overhead cabinet in bathroom (1)
- Cabinets in kitchenette
- Desk with bookshelf above desk (1)
Apartment contracts do not include a meal plan. Undergraduate students living in off-campus housing or in university-owned/affiliated apartments may purchase an off-campus meal plan. Graduate/Extension students may purchase a Graduate/Extension meal plan. Students can also use their Cal 1 Card to enjoy Cal Dining's services at any of the 4 dining commons and several on-campus restaurants and convenience stores.
How would you like to come home to a clean, fresh, and organized studio?
Residential and Student Service Programs (RSSP) offers Manville residents a low-cost, optional cleaning service for the Academic All Year Round.
The basic services are as follows:
- Custodial services include cleaning studio kitchens, bathrooms, and trash and recycling removal on a schedule determined by each resident.
- Cleaning services are provided at a rate of $45 per hour with costs charged to the apartment resident who sign up for the program.
- Cleaning services do not include cleaning personal items or washing dishes.
- Once the resident agree on the number of service cleanings per month, you will be sent via email the service dates for each month.
- Should there be a reason staff are not able to service on the specified cleaning date, residents will be notified of schedule change.
The cleaning services is open all year round or as long as we have an agreement with cleaning dates
For more information, specific details regarding the program, and to sign up for this cleaning service, please contact Associate Director Mark Kinnard at (510) 643-2676 or you may scan a copy of the signed cleaning agreement and send to email@example.com.