Maximino Martinez Commons
Maximino Martinez Commons, conveniently located two blocks from campus, is a secure, socially dynamic community building combining residence hall rooms and apartments. Priority for Martinez Commons Apartments residence hall spaces is given to sophomores; both sophomores and upper division students have priority for apartments.
- Located two blocks from campus
- All rooms are furnished
- Apartments are single gender
- Study rooms on each residential floor
- One social lounge on each residential floor
- Academic center with tutoring classroom, quiet study room, and computer center
- High-speed internet connections
- Security Monitor Program
- Laundry facilities
- Live-in staff
- Access to unit’s academic center, with PC and MAC computers, laser printers, and hookup to the campus network and the internet
- Fitness center
- Large main lounge with big-screen TV
- Bike storage for 20 percent of residents
- Solar-heated domestic water
- Low-flow toilets and showerheads
- One-half block from Crossroads Dining Commons
Residence Hall also includes:
- Double- & triple-occupancy rooms available
- Shared kitchenette in common area
- Accessible shower and toilet rooms
Apartments also include:
- Full kitchens
- Five five-bedroom and 47 four-bedroom, single-gender apartments, of which 14 are single story and 38 are two story townhouses
- Three apartments for the hearing impaired
2019-2020 Projected Rates*
The apartment rates for Martinez Commons are $13,470 for single-occupancy apartments, $13,730 for single-occupancy townhouse apartments, $19,005 for double-occupancy residence hall spaces, and $16,175 for the triple occupancy residence-hall space.
*The entire building, both apartment and residence hall spaces, remain open for the winter break and room rates are inclusive of occupancy during this time period.
Maximino Apartment contracts are considered on-campus apartments for budgetary purposes with the Financial Aid Office and contracts do not include a meal plan. Residents may purchase an Optional (Student) Meal Plan or use their Cal 1 Card to enjoy Cal Dining's services at any of the 4 dining commons and several on-campus restaurants and convenience stores.
Floor Plans & Layouts
Single Story Apartments & Residence ...(click to see larger image)...
2 Story Apartments
No Smoking Policy
UC Berkeley is committed to providing a healthy, smoke-free environment for students, faculty, and staff. Accordingly, no smoking is permitted in student rooms, or inside buildings, including lounges, balconies and breezeways, and stairways.