COVID-19 Update: While instruction for Summer Sessions has moved to remote instruction, Cal Housing is still committed to offering students a place to live on or near campus if needed. Applications for summer housing are open.
Summer at UC Berkeley is exciting! Whether you are a student enrolling in Summer Session courses, an individual coming to the Bay area for an internship, or an individual needing short term housing during the summer, Cal housing has something for everyone!
The Summer Housing Application will be available beginning February 1, 2020. For summer options, please see the categories below:
I’m enrolling in classes at Berkeley this summer
If you’re taking classes at Berkeley this summer, you’re eligible to live on campus in our residence halls and apartments. Which of the following best describes you?
- Visiting (summer only) student
- Current continuing Berkeley student
- Incoming Berkeley student participating in Summer Bridge
- Incoming Berkeley student participating in Freshman, Transfer, or Global Edge
I need summer housing but I’m not taking classes
Even if you’re not planning to take classes at Berkeley, we still have housing available for you! Which of the following best describes you?
- I have a summer internship/job in San Francisco or Berkeley
- I need short-term housing (2- 3 months) in Berkeley (not taking classes or doing internship)