Text to be removed by js
Text to be removed by js
Unit 2: About the Community
Business hours: Monday-Friday; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday; CLOSED.
The Unit 2 complex consists of six buildings around a large courtyard. The buildings are Cunningham, Davidson, Ehrman, Griffiths Halls, Towle Minisuites, and Wada Apartments. A central facility that contains the Unit 2 front office, mail services, rooms for meetings, events, and parties, as well as the Academic Services Center.
- Located three blocks from campus.
Four of the six buildings are high-rise halls (Cunningham, Davidson, Ehrman, and Griffiths) that feature:
- Eight floors of double- and triple occupancy rooms, some double & triples in suites
- Approximately 230 students in each hall
- Rooms with extra-long twin beds, dressers, desks, mirrors, and closets
- Triple rooms include a bunk bed & a lofted bed
- Rooms with high-speed internet connections
- Some rooms have a bay view
- Most floors are all gender with one large all-gender bathroom per floor
- Single-gender floors are available
- Floor lounges with balconies
- Main lounge on entry-level
- In Cunningham: the Asian Pacific American Theme Program (APATH)
The minisuite building, Towle Hall, features:
- Spacious double- and triple occupancy rooms
- Each suite has a dedicated bathroom
The Wada Apartments features:
- Spacious double- and triple-occupancy bedrooms in two- and three-bedroom apartments
- Residents in each apartment share a kitchen, common area, and bathroom
- Academic Year contracts
- All- and single-gender floors
- Single, double, and triple rooms; triple rooms in suite (Single rooms are reserved for upper-division students and students with accommodations.)
- Security Monitor Program
- Laundry facilities
- Live-in staff
- Access to the Unit's Academic Services Center, with PC and MAC workstations, laser printers, and hook up to the campus network and the internet
- Access to a small, central fitness facility
- Crossroads is the nearest dining center, only a half-block away
The Wada Apartments in Unit 2 are available for continuing and upper-division students in double- and triple occupancy rooms in apartments. Innovative educational programming designed to aid academic success is offered.
No Smoking Policy
UC Berkeley is committed to providing a healthy, smoke-free environment for students, faculty, and staff. Accordingly, no smoking is permitted in student rooms, or inside buildings, including lounges, balconies and breezeways, and stairways. Smoking is only permitted outside in designated areas.