Text to be removed by js
Unit 3: About the Community
Business hours: Monday-Friday; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday; CLOSED.
The renovated Unit 3 complex includes four high-rise halls surrounding a large courtyard. The buildings are Ida Sproul, Norton, Priestley, Spens-Black, and Beverly Cleary Halls. A central commons building that houses the dining center, the Unit 3 front office, mail services, recreation lounge, and the Academic Services Center.
- Located one block from campus.
- Features a modern and colorful dining center and Bear Market store.
Four of the five buildings are high-rise halls (Ida Sproul, Norton, Priestley, Spens-Black) that feature:
- Eight floors of double- and triple occupancy rooms, some doubles, and triples in suite (Single rooms are reserved for upper-division students and students with accommodations.)
- Approximately 230 students in each hall
- Rooms with extra-long twin beds, dressers, desks, mirrors, and closets
- Triple rooms include a bunk bed & a lofted bed
- Rooms with high-speed Internet connections
- Some rooms have a bay view
- Most floors are all gender with one large all-gender bathroom per floor
- Single-gender floors are available
- Floor lounges
- Main lounge on entry-level
- In Spens-Black House: Unity House Theme Program (UNITY)
Beverly Cleary Hall is a mid-rise building across the street from Unit 3 on Channing Way that features:
- A lounge on entry-level
- Casa Magdalena Mora Theme Program (CASA)
- All- and single-gender floors
- Single, double, triple rooms; double and triple rooms in-suite
- Security Monitor Program
- Laundry facilities
- Live-in staff
- Access to the Unit's Academic Services Center, with PCs and MAC workstations, laser printers, and connections to the Campus Network and the Internet, as well as academic support and tutoring services
No Smoking Policy
UC Berkeley is committed to providing a healthy, smoke-free environment for students, faculty, and staff. Accordingly, no smoking is permitted in student rooms, or inside buildings, including lounges, balconies and breezeways, and stairways. Smoking is only permitted outside in designated areas.