Winter Break Closure
During winter break, most campus residence halls close and residents must leave the buildings. For those students moving out permanently at winter break, information will be sent directly to you. In the meantime, here’s a summary of what you need to know.
Winter 2020-21 Closure Dates
All residence halls, with the exception of Martinez Commons, will be closed during the Semester Break (12/19/20-1/13/21). All residents must vacate the halls upon commencement of the Semester Break on Saturday, December 19, 2020, by 10 a.m. Residents are not allowed to reside in buildings during semester break due to energy curtailment. However, residents are allowed to leave their belongings in the halls over the semester break at their own risk. Residents may move back into the halls beginning at 9 a.m. on Thursday, January 14, 2021.
Students are not allowed to reside in buildings during semester break due to campus energy curtailment rules. However, residents are allowed to leave their belongings in the halls over the semester break at their own risk.
Residence Halls That Are Closed
These residence halls will be closed during winter break:
Unit 4 (Foothill, Stern)
Clark Kerr (All buildings closed, except for Buildings 16 and 17)
Buildings That Will Remain Open
The following buildings will remain open during winter break:
Clark Kerr Buildings 16 and 17
Garden Village Apartments
Martinez Commons Residence Halls and Apartments
New Sequoia Apartments
Before Winter Closure, You Need To Do the Following
Here is a summary of what you need to do before you leave for winter break.
- Turn off all heaters, lamps, etc., and unplug everything.
- Make sure your room is clean, vacuumed, and that all perishable food, and trash, is properly thrown away.
- Return all utensils, borrowed furniture, etc., to their rightful place.
- Close windows, curtains, and lock your door.
- Take any medicine, important documents, valuables, with you, and secure your bicycle.
- Pick up your mail.
- If you are expecting a new roommate, prepare by placing all of your items on your side of the room.
Residence Halls Reopen Thursday, January 14, 2021
Have a safe winter break, and we look forward to seeing you on Thursday, January 14, 2021, when the halls will reopen at 9 a.m.
If you have additional questions, please contact your Unit Office.