Parking & Directions During Move-In
Parking during required COVID-19 testing: On your Move-In day, before going to your residence hall or apartment, go directly to the one of the two University Health Services COVID-19 surveillance testing centers for your mandatory testing. An advance appointment is required for testing. Both locations are open Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm: Rec Sports Facility (RSF) in the large Field House and Memorial Stadium (Gate 5 area of the Field Club). (The Stadium location is most convenient for Clark Kerr and Units 1-2.) A short-term “waiting zone” parking area will be available nearby each testing center. Your helpers are asked to wait at your car or vehicle during your testing time, as only students will be allowed in the testing area. For more information, please visit the Campus Surveillance Testing page.
Unloading zones: Each location will have a designated loading zone where you will be able to temporarily park for unloading during your time slot. Once you are done unloading, you will need to move your vehicle.
Move-in Parking: It is recommended that you park on the street or in a university parking lot. You will need to follow instructions to pay for parking in accordance with any parking meter or garage charges for the day and time that you arrive.
Please see details below for which lots are most convenient to each residence hall, and visit Parking and Transportation for more information on getting to campus and parking. Street parking is also available, but it is metered or has time limits. Plan ahead and review directions and maps prior to arriving. Please be prepared for weekday traffic and additional traffic in and around campus related to Move In.
Parking locations closest to housing units and testing sites:
- Blackwell Hall: RSF Parking Garage
- Units 1 & 2: Underhill Garage
- Unit 3 and Beverly Cleary: Ellsworth Parking Structure
- Clark Kerr Campus: Clark Kerr Southwest Lot or Northwest Lot (see Clark Kerr map)
- RSF COVID-19 test site: RSF Parking Garage or Bancroft/Fulton Lot
- Stadium COVID-19 test site: Stadium Parking Garage (2175 Piedmont Avenue) (private lot)
2021 Move-in Maps
Unit-Specific Housing Maps
Below you’ll find a custom map for each housing unit. The map includes the location of your unit’s Check-in area, unloading zone, and longer-term parking options.
- Clark Kerr
- Unit 1
- Unit 2
- Unit 3
Unloading Zones for Apartments
Designating unloading zones based on your apartment building. Please see the list below for which street you should unload on.
- Channing Bowditch = Channing Way
- Enclave = Haste St.
- Garden Village = Dwight Way and Fulton St.
- Martinez Commons = Channing Way
- New Sequoia = Haste St.
- Panoramic Berkeley = Telegraph Ave
- Unit 2 | Wada Apartments = Dwight Way
UC Berkeley campus map with an option to highlight and view all the residence halls, dining facilities, and campus restaurants at once.
For general driving directions to the UC Berkeley campus, see Visitor Services.
Street addresses for residence halls and apartments
- Unit 1 - 2650 Durant Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94720
- Unit 2 - 2650 Haste Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94720
- Unit 3 - 2400 Durant Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94720
- Blackwell Hall - 2401 Durant Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94704
- Channing-Bowditch - 2535 Channing Way, Berkeley, CA 94720
- Clark Kerr - 2601 Warring Street, Berkeley, CA 94720
- Enclave Apartments - 2503 Haste St, Berkeley, CA 94704
- Garden Village - 2201 Dwight Way, Berkeley, CA 94704
- Maximino Martinez Commons - 2520 Channing Way, Berkeley, CA 94720
- New Sequoia - 2441 Haste Street, Berkeley, CA 94704
- Panoramic Berkeley - 2539 Telegraph Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704
- Panoramic San Francisco - 1321 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94103
- Shattuck Studios - 2711 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94705
- Wada Apartments - 2650 Haste Street, Berkeley, CA 94720
Airport Shuttles from Oakland or San Francisco International Airport
Airport shuttles (listed below) provide door-to-door service. The prices range from $15 to $40, be sure to ask for a student rate. Reservations are recommended.
- East Bay Transportation: 925.800.4500
- Airport Commuter: 1.650.876.1777
BART is the Bay Area's subway system. The campus is closest to the Downtown Berkeley station on the Richmond line, and to the Rockridge station on the Pittsburg/Bay Point line. There is no direct connection to downtown Berkeley from San Francisco on Sundays and evenings. At those times, take the Pittsburg/Bay Point train and transfer to a Richmond train at the 12th Street (Oakland) station (traveling to San Francisco at those times, transfer at MacArthur station).
To view the train schedule, visit the BART website. BART trains typically run every 15 minutes on weekdays, and every 20 minutes on evenings, weekends, and holidays. Check individual stations for opening and closing times and last train.
BART to San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or Oakland International Airport (OAK)
BART fares are very economical when compared with other modes of travel to and from San Francisco International (SFO) Airport or Oakland International Airport (OAK).
At SFO, BART takes you directly into the International Terminal.
At OAK, BART takes you to directly across from the Terminal 1 baggage claim.
The Emeryville Amtrak station is located approximately five miles southwest of the campus. The San Joaquin Valley and the Capitol Corridor lines stop in Berkeley on University Avenue two miles west of the campus.
AC Transit Bus Service
AC Transit, the local bus service, has 15 lines which serve the University and central Berkeley and connect with other buses and transit agencies. AC Transit routes 51B and 79 serve Rockridge and Downtown Berkeley BART stations to the residence halls. Route 7 serves Downtown Berkeley but goes to Kensington and El Cerrito. Please check the AC Transit website for the most up-to-date information about routes and scheduled service.
Additionally, the AC Transit map is available for viewing.
UC Transportation Alternative Customer Services
UC Transportation Alternative Customer Services offers local and Bay Area transportation options.
Call 510.643.7701 for information.