Stern Residence Hall
About the Residence Hall
- Welcomes womxn-identified students.
- Nestled in the Berkeley hills next to the Foothill complex on the northeast side of campus. Especially convenient to STEM buildings including the College of Engineering.
- A quiet area with easy access to nature and hiking trails.
- Includes both traditional residence hall and suite-style housing.
- Residence hall rooms include single, double and triple rooms; suites have double bedrooms. (Single rooms reserved for upper-division students and students with accommodations.)
- Bathrooms: Shared community bathrooms in residence halls; each suite has its own shared bathroom.
- Nearest dining commons: Foothill Dining Commons (located next to Stern)
- Theme Program: Stern's second floor houses the Empowering Womxn in STEAM (WISE) program, which welcomes interested students who experience life through the lens of womxn in body, spirit, and identity- past, present, future, and fluid. As a result, the second floor is designed to be inclusive of transgender and gender-fluid or nonbinary students.
Residence Hall Features
These services and amenities are included:
Cal Dining Blue Meal Plan (with flexible upgrade plans and add-on flex dollar options)
Utilities: gas, electric, water, garbage, recycling, and compost
Furnishings: extra-long twin bed (triple rooms include a bunk bed & a lofted bed), desk, chair, dresser, mirror, and closet
Appliances: microwave and mini-refrigerator
High speed Wi-Fi, Xfinity streaming TV, and phone jack outlet
Professional live-in staff available 24/7
Laundry center, mail services, and bike storage
On-site central fitness center and recreation room
Three tiers of secured entry and access for buildings
Academic Services Center with PC and Mac workstations, laser printers, and network connection
Smoke-free environment (smoking only permitted outside in designated areas)
Please note that models depict one example of each room type. Rooms vary in size, layout, and furniture configuration.