Stern Hall: About the Community
Business hours: Monday-Friday; 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Stern Hall is a building housing women-identified students and is located next to the Foothill complex on the northeast side of campus.
Stern's second floor houses the Empowering Womxn in STEAM (WISE) program, which welcomes interested students who experience life through the lens of womxn in body, spirit, and identity- past, present, future, and fluid. As a result, the second floor is designed to be inclusive of transgender and gender-fluid or nonbinary students.
Stern's housing includes:
- Single, double, and triple rooms; double rooms in suites. (Single rooms are reserved for upper-division students and students with accommodations.)
- Rooms are carpeted and have extra-long twin beds, desks, dressers, mirrors, and closets.
- Shared bathrooms unless in a double suite
- Large main lounge
- Shared Academic Services Center and Dining Commons with Foothill; PC and MAC workstations, laser printers, and connections to the Campus Network and Internet, as well as academic support and tutoring programs.
- Houses women-identified students
- Security Monitor Program
- Single, double, and triple rooms (Single rooms are reserved for upper-division students and students with accommodations.)
- Double rooms in suites
- Live-in staff
No Smoking Policy
UC Berkeley is committed to providing a healthy, smoke-free environment for students, faculty, and staff. Accordingly, no smoking is permitted in student rooms, or inside buildings, including lounges, balconies and breezeways, and stairways. Smoking is only permitted outside in designated areas.